The following uses are for the closely related P. amurense. They almost certainly also apply to this tree. A yellow dye is obtained from the inner bark. An oil obtained from the seed has insecticidal properties similar to pyrethrum.Wood - heavy, hard, strong, close grained. Used for furniture.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Phellodendron lavallei.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Pot up in autumn and over winter in a cold frame. Fair to good percentage.Root cuttings - obtain in December and store in leafmold in a warm place for 3 weeks. Cut into 4cm lengths and plant horizontally in pots. Grow on in a warm greenhouse. Good percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Phellodendron lavallei. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Phellodendron lavallei. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Phellodendron lavallei.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Stuart. Rev. G. A. Chinese Materia Medica. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre ()
- Schery. R. W. Plants for Man. ()
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- ? Flora Europaea Cambridge University Press (1964-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)