Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Gleditsia caspica.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Gleditsia caspica. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is often confused in cultivation with the closely related G. sinensis, many of the trees grown under that name are this species. This tree is remarkable for the number and length of the spines growing on its trunk, which makes it the most formidably armed of temperate trees. Trees have a light canopy, they come into leaf late in the spring and drop their leaves in early autumn making them an excellent top storey tree in a woodland garden. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Gleditsia caspica. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Gleditsia caspica.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Sargent. C. S. Manual of the Trees of N. America. Dover Publications Inc. New York. ISBN 0-486-20278-X (1965-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-261" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Gleditsia_caspica.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.