Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Casuarina verticillata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Casuarina verticillata.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Casuarina verticillata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Tolerates temperatures down to at least -7°c in Australian gardens although this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer, colder and wetter winters. It should succeed outdoors in the mildest maritime areas of this country.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil micro-organisms, these form nodules on the roots of the plants and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Casuarina verticillata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Casuarina verticillata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1972-00-00)
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Useful Wild Plants in Australia. William Collins Pty Ltd. Sidney ISBN 0-00-216441-8 (1981-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Holliday. I. and Hill. R. A Field Guide to Australian Trees. Frederick Muller Ltd. ISBN 0-85179-627-3 (1974-00-00)