Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Sorbus austriaca.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Sorbus austriaca.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Sorbus austriaca. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is closely related to S. intermedia. Plants are susceptible to fireblight. Trees seen at Wisley and at Cambridge Botanical Gardens in September 1993 were bearing very good crops of fruit[K].The name of this species might have been mis-spelt, it could be S. austrica.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Sorbus austriaca. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Sorbus austriaca.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- McMillan-Browse. P. Hardy Woody Plants from Seed. Grower Books ISBN 0-901361-21-6 (1985-00-00)
- Gordon. A. G. and Rowe. D. C. f. Seed Manual for Ornamental Trees and Shrubs. ()
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)