Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Phellodendron amurense sachalinense.
The bark is a cork substitute. It is used to make buoys, floats etc. The bark of this tree is not corky. Wood - heavy, hard, strong, close grained. Used for furniture, the interior finish of buildings, utensils etc.An oil obtained from the seed has insecticidal properties similar to pyrethrum. (This use is for the closely related P. amurense. It might also apply to this tree[K].)
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Phellodendron amurense sachalinense.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Pot up in autumn and over winter in a cold frame. Fair to good percentage.Root cuttings - obtain in December and store in leafmold in a warm place for 3 weeks. Cut into 4cm lengths and plant horizontally in pots. Grow on in a warm greenhouse. Good percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Phellodendron amurense sachalinense. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Phellodendron amurense sachalinense. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Phellodendron amurense sachalinense.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Schery. R. W. Plants for Man. ()
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)