Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Larix gmelinii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Larix gmelinii.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Larix gmelinii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is very cold-hardy when fully dormant, but the trees can be excited into premature growth in Britain by mild spells during the winter and they are then very subject to damage by late frosts and cold winds. Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus. The plant is cultivated for re-afforestation in Asia and is also used as an ornamental. Growth is normally slow in Britain with average height increases of less than 30cm per year. Open ground plants, 1 year x 1 year are the best for planting out, do not use container grown plants with spiralled roots. Plants transplant well, even when coming into growth in the spring.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Larix gmelinii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Larix gmelinii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hill. A. F. Economic Botany. The Maple Press (1952-00-00)
- Howes. F. N. Vegetable Gums and Resins. Faber ()
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Mitchell. A. F. Conifers in the British Isles. HMSO ISBN 0-11-710012-9 (1975-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
"image:Larix gmelinii0.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.