Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Hoheria populnea.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a shady position in a frame. The cuttings should be put in 12cm pots. A fair to good percentage.Layering in April. Takes 12 months.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hoheria populnea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is only hardy in the milder areas of the country, tolerating temperatures down to about -10°c. Plants are prone to damage at temperatures lower than -5°c. A very variable plant, leaves of young plants are often deeply lobed but on older plants they are more or less entire and toothed. Juvenile plants also have a compact shrubby habit, quite unlike the mature plant. There are some named forms selected for their ornamental value. Plants are subject to attacks by the coral-spot fungus, especially after cool wet summers. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.A good butterfly plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hoheria populnea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hoheria populnea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Laing. and Blackwell. Plants of New Zealand. Whitcombe and Tombs Ltd (1907-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 5. 1983 - 1984. Royal Horticultural Society (1983-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Arnold-Forster. Shrubs for the Milder Counties. ()
- ? The Plantsman. Vol. 6. 1984 - 1985. Royal Horticultural Society (1984-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Lacebark flowers.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.