Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Daphniphyllum macropodum.
Cuttings of moderately ripened wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel or at a junction with old wood, July in individual pots in a frame. The cuttings are slow to root, give them brisk bottom heat. Fair percentage.Layering of current seasons growth, 12cm long in August/September. Takes 12 - 18 months. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Daphniphyllum macropodum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is hardy to about -20°c. Plants have withstood 30° of frost at Kew Gardens, but prefer shelter. Very closely related to D. himalense and possibly no more than a sub-species of that species. The flowers have a pungent aroma. They are produced in racemes on the previous year's wood.Dioecious, male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Daphniphyllum macropodum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Daphniphyllum macropodum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1972-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-109" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.