Cuttings of moderately ripened wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel or at a junction with old wood, July in individual pots in a frame. The cuttings are slow to root, give them brisk bottom heat. Fair percentage.Layering of current seasons growth, 12cm long in August/September. Takes 12 - 18 months. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Daphniphyllum himalense. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
D. macropodum. Miq. is hardy at Kew and tolerates temperatures down to about -20°c. It is very closely related to this species and is perhaps no more than a sub-species of it. This species, however, is less hardy than D. macropodum. The flowers have a pungent aroma. They are produced in racemes on the previous year's wood.Dioecious, male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Daphniphyllum himalense. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Daphniphyllum himalense.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1972-00-00)
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)