Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Cupressus funebris.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cupressus funebris. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Somewhat tender in Britain, at least in the north of the country, it also seems to be short-lived. Plants do not succeed at Kew. Cultivated as a timber crop in China. Cones can remain closed on the tree for a number of years, opening after the heat of a forest fire to scatter their seeds which then germinate and grow rapidly in the ashes of the fire. Plants are subject to injury by the wind. Trees are notably susceptible to honey fungus.The crushed foliage has the scent of grass.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cupressus funebris. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cupressus funebris.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Wilson. E. H. Plantae Wilsonae. ()
- Duke. J. A. and Ayensu. E. S. Medicinal Plants of China Reference Publications, Inc. ISBN 0-917256-20-4 (1985-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Rushforth. K. Conifers. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-2801-X (1987-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Mitchell. A. F. Conifers in the British Isles. HMSO ISBN 0-11-710012-9 (1975-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Cupressus funebris.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.