Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Castanea henryi.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Castanea henryi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Although it is very winter-hardy, this species only really thrives in areas with hot summers. It is very slow growing and small in Britain. A shrub at Kew was 3 metres tall in 1990[K]. Resists endothia blight. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus. An excellent soil-enriching understorey in pine forests.Flowers are produced on wood of the current year's growth. Plants are fairly self-sterile. They hybridize freely with other members of this genus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Castanea henryi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Castanea henryi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Howes. F. N. Nuts. Faber (1948-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Elias. T. The Complete Trees of N. America. Field Guide and Natural History. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. ISBN 0442238622 (1980-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)