Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Arbutus texana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is unlikely to be hardy in the colder areas of the country, it probably tolerates temperatures down to between -5 and -10°c.There is some confusion over the name of this plant, some books suggest that A texana is a synonym of A xalapensis. HBK. whilst others say that A texana exists in its own right and has a synonym of A. xalapensis. non HBK. A. texana is very closely related to A. xalapense and is considered by many botanists to be indistinguishable from that species.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Arbutus texana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Arbutus texana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Vines. R. A. Trees of Central Texas. University of Texas Press ISBN 0-292-78958-3 (1987-00-00)
- Pesman. M. W. Meet Flora Mexicana. Dale S. King. Arizona. (1962-00-00)
- Elias. T. The Complete Trees of N. America. Field Guide and Natural History. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. ISBN 0442238622 (1980-00-00)
- Sargent. C. S. Manual of the Trees of N. America. Dover Publications Inc. New York. ISBN 0-486-20278-X (1965-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Diggs, Jnr. G.M.; Lipscomb. B. L. & O'Kennon. R. J [Illustrated Flora of North Central Texas] Botanical Research Institute, Texas. (1999-00-00)