Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Solidago spectabilis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A rather greedy plant, it is apt to impoverish the soil. There is some confusion over the correct identity of this plant. According to  it is a native of Western N. America and grows 50cm tall. According to  it is a native of South-eastern N. America and grows 120cm tall.  lists this species as a synonym of S. odora. It is quite possible that two species are involved, one of which is a synonym for S. odora.The plant attracts various beneficial insects such as ladybirds, lacewings and hoverflies to the garden, these insects will help to control insect pests in the garden.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Solidago spectabilis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Solidago spectabilis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Yanovsky. E. Food Plants of the N. American Indians. Publication no. 237. U.S. Depf of Agriculture. ()
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Small. Manual of the Southeastern Flora. ()
- Allardice.P. A - Z of Companion Planting. Cassell Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-304-34324-2 (1993-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
"image:Solidago spectabilis 7.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.