Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Psoralea glandulosa.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Psoralea glandulosa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Not very hardy outdoors in Britain, plants tolerate temperatures down to between -5 and -10°c provided they are grown in a perfectly drained soil with the protection of a south or south-west facing wall. Plants can regrow from buds low down on old wood if the are cut back by frosts. There are tender and hardy forms of this species. Flowers are produced on the previous seasons growth and also late in the season on the current seasons. Cultivated in Chile for its young shoots, which are used to make a drink, and also for its medicinal properties.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Psoralea glandulosa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Psoralea glandulosa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- ? Flora of Chile. (in Spanish) ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grieve. A Modern Herbal. Penguin ISBN 0-14-046-440-9 (1984-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)