Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Prunus triloba. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Any pruning is best done soon after the plant has flowered, to within 4 - 5 buds of the previous years wood. This encourages heavier flowering in the following year because it flowers best on the previous years growth. Dormant plants are hardy to about -20°c. Although very hardy, the plant flowers in early spring and it is best grown against a sunny wall in order to give some protection to the flowers. Another report says that plants are not reliably hardy in the open garden, which is rather strange considering the plant has been given a hardiness rating of 5[K]. This species is named after a cultivated form grown in gardens, the true wild form is P. triloba simplex. (Bunge.)Rehd. There are some named forms selected for their ornamental value. Most members of this genus are shallow-rooted and will produce suckers if the roots are damaged.Plants in this genus are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Prunus triloba. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Prunus triloba.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)