Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Prostanthera rotundifolia.
Cuttings of soft-wood in early summer in a frame. They root readily.Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Prostanthera rotundifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species only succeeds outdoors in the mildest areas of the country. It is hardy to at least -7°c in Australian gardens though this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer colder and wetter winters. It does succeed outdoors in various places in Cornwall, though it is probably best on a wall even there. A short-lived plant, but it can be grafted onto the roots of Westringia fruticosa which allows it to be grown in less favourable conditions and also probably increases its life span. Plants are very tolerant of light trimming[K], but dislike hard pruning. Any trimming is best carried out immediately after flowering.Both leaves and flowers have a minty aroma.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Prostanthera rotundifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Prostanthera rotundifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- Lassak. E. V. and McCarthy. T. Australian Medicinal Plants. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thurston. Trees and Shrubs in Cornwall. ()
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-260" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.