Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Physalis virginiana sonorae.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Physalis virginiana sonorae.
Division in spring. Very easy, larger divisions can be planted out direct into their permanent positions. We have found that it is better to pot up the smaller divisions and grow them on in light shade in a cold frame until they are well established before planting them out in late spring or early summer.Basal cuttings in early summer. Harvest the shoots with plenty of underground stem when they are about 8 - 10cm above the ground. Pot them up into individual pots and keep them in light shade in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the summer.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Physalis virginiana sonorae. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species may be no more than a synonym for Physalis longifolia var. longifoliaSucceeds in any well-drained soil in full sun or light shade.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Physalis virginiana sonorae. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Physalis virginiana sonorae.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Stary. F. Poisonous Plants. Hamlyn ISBN 0-600-35666-3 (1983-00-00)
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- Harrington. H. D. Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains. University of New Mexico Press ISBN 0-8623-0343-9 (1967-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Yanovsky. E. Food Plants of the N. American Indians. Publication no. 237. U.S. Depf of Agriculture. ()
- Dremann. C. G. Ground Cherries, Husk Tomatoes and Tomatilloes. Redwood City Seed Co ISBN 0-933421-03-6 (1985-00-00)
- Sanders. T. W. Popular Hardy Perennials. Collingridge (1926-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Fernald. M. L. Gray's Manual of Botany. American Book Co. (1950-00-00)