Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Parthenocissus himalayana.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm taken at a node (ensure that it has at least 2 true buds), July/August in a frame. Easy to root but they do not always survive the first winter. Basal hardwood cuttings of current seasons growth, 10 - 12 cm long, autumn in a frame.Layering.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Parthenocissus himalayana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy outdoors in Britain, it succeeds in the milder areas of the country where it is best grown on an east or west facing wall. The young growth in spring can be damaged by late frosts. Fruits are only produced after a long hot summer. The fruit of this species is very late ripening and the plant has potential in breeding programmes with Vitis vinifera, especially in the Himalayas, where this trait could be useful.A climbing plant, supporting itself by means of adhesive tendrils. A very good climber for walls but it can invade gutters.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Parthenocissus himalayana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Parthenocissus himalayana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Parmar. C. and Kaushal. M.K. Wild Fruits of the Sub-Himalayan Region. Kalyani Publishers. New Delhi. (1982-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Wilson. E. H. Plantae Wilsonae. ()
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-272" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.