The plant is fire resistant.Wood - hard. Used in turnery and cabinet making.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Myoporum insulare.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Myoporum insulare. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy in mainland Britain, it succeeds outdoors on the Scilly Isles but usually requires greenhouse protection elsewhere. Plants are hardy to at least -7°c in Australian gardens but this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer colder and wetter winters. There is some confusion over this name.  gives M. serrata as a synonym of this species whilst  says that M. serrata is a synonym of M. tetrandrum. We have followed this last treatment.Closely related to M. ellipticum and M. montanum (Syn M. acuminatum).
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Myoporum insulare. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Myoporum insulare.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crowe. A. Native Edible Plants of New Zealand. Hodder and Stoughton ISBN 0-340-508302 (1990-00-00)
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Low. T. Wild Food Plants of Australia. Angus and Robertson. ISBN 0-207-14383-8 (1989-00-00)
- Ewart. A. J. Flora of Victoria. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Holliday. I. and Hill. R. A Field Guide to Australian Trees. Frederick Muller Ltd. ISBN 0-85179-627-3 (1974-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
"image:Myoporum insulare.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.