Seed - ground into a powder or eaten raw. An aromatic flavour, it can be used as a flavouring in cooked foods.Flowers and upper leaves can be used as a flavouring in salads, soups etc.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Lomatium ambiguum.
Fresh seed can be sown immediately in situ.Division may be possible in spring or autumn.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Lomatium ambiguum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
It can be assumed that plants will require a moist but well-drained soil in a sunny position.This is a taxonomically very difficult genus, many of the species now included in it have at times been included in other genera.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Lomatium ambiguum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Lomatium ambiguum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Saunders. C. F. Edible and Useful Wild Plants of the United States and Canada. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-23310-3 (1976-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Yanovsky. E. Food Plants of the N. American Indians. Publication no. 237. U.S. Depf of Agriculture. ()
- Coon. N. The Dictionary of Useful Plants. Rodale Press ISBN 0-87857-090-x (1975-00-00)
- Hitchcock. C. L. Vascular Plants of the Pacific Northwest. University of Washington Press (1955-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-212" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.