Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 8cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Plant out in spring. Fair percentage. Cuttings of mature wood, November/December in a frame. Layering in the autumn. Takes 12 months.Division.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Ledum columbianum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -15°c. The leaves are covered in tiny spots or glands from which a strong, resinous scent is given off. The flowers also have an aromatic perfume. Very closely related to L. glandulosum, and considered to be no more than a sub-species of it by some botanists.Plants benefit from removing the dead flowers before they set seed. This prevents them putting too much energy into seed production at the expense of more flowers and leaves.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Ledum columbianum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Ledum columbianum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Schofield. J. J. Discovering Wild Plants - Alaska, W. Canada and the Northwest. ()
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-184" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.