Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Larix potaninii.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Larix potaninii.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Larix potaninii. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is very cold-hardy when fully dormant, but the trees can be excited into premature growth in Britain by mild spells during the winter and they are then very subject to damage by late frosts and cold winds. Plants generally do not do well in Britain, growing best in the south-west of the country. The species is cultivated for timber use in Asia and is also used for afforestation. Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus. Open ground plants, 1 year x 1 year are the best for planting out, do not use container grown plants with spiralled roots. Plants transplant well, even when coming into growth in the spring.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Larix potaninii. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Larix potaninii.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Elias. T. The Complete Trees of N. America. Field Guide and Natural History. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. ISBN 0442238622 (1980-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Wilson. E. H. Plantae Wilsonae. ()
"image:Larix potaninii youngtree Huluhai.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.