Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Jasminum nudiflorum.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very easy. Cuttings of mature wood in November.Layering.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Jasminum nudiflorum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is hardy to about -15°c. Some winter die-back can be experienced and flowers can be damaged in severe winters but new flowers are usually produced when the weather warms up. A winter-flowering plant, flowering mainly on wood that was produced the previous summer. Pruning can be carried out in early to mid spring once flowering has finished. Removing one third of the oldest growth down to ground level rejuvenates the plant and encourages greater flowering. Unpruned plants tend to become woody and matted with dead stems. The flowers have a delicate mossy perfume. This species does not set seed in British gardens. This might be because all the plants in cultivation stem from one original importation. An ideal plant for growing on shady walls and banks.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Jasminum nudiflorum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Jasminum nudiflorum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- Stuart. Rev. G. A. Chinese Materia Medica. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre ()
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Knight. F. P. Plants for Shade. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0-900629-78-9 (1980-00-00)
- Arnold-Forster. Shrubs for the Milder Counties. ()
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Jasminum nudiflorum.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.