Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Indigofera hebepetala.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 5 - 8cm with a heel if possible, July/August in individual pots in a frame. Good percentage. Overwinter the young plants in a greenhouse for the first winter and plant out in late spring or early summer. Root cuttings 3cm long in December. Good percentage.Suckers. Remove them in the dormant season, preferably towards the end of winter, and plant out into their permanent positions.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Indigofera hebepetala. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Except in warm sheltered gardens the plant is cut back to the ground by winter cold, though it usually resprouts from the base and flowers in late summer. Plants grow much taller in milder climates where they do not get cut back by winter cold. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Indigofera hebepetala. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Indigofera hebepetala.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Manandhar. N. P. Plants and People of Nepal Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-527-6 (2002-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)