Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 8cm long, July/August in a frame. Overwinter in a greenhouse and plant out in late spring. Cuttings of mature wood in late autumn in a frame. Mound layering in spring. Takes 12 months. Basal softwood cuttings of non-flowering shoots.Leaf-bud cuttings of the current seasons growth in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hydrangea anomala. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Although the dormant plant is quite hardy in Britain, the young growth in spring can be damaged by late frosts. A fast-growing self-clinging climbing plant, attaching itself by means of aerial roots, and growing up walls or tree trunks on any aspect. The plants may need initial support, however. Plants are growing well on a wall at Kew. Grows well on north walls but prefers a sunnier position. Closely related to H. petiolaris. H. petiolaris is normally treated as no more than a sub-species of this species.This species is notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hydrangea anomala. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hydrangea anomala.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1972-00-00)
- Gupta. B. L. Forest Flora of Chakrata, Dehra Dun and Saharanpur. Forest Research Institute Press (1945-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
"image:Hydrangea petiolaris RJB.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.