Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Holboellia grandiflora.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Holboellia grandiflora.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Holboellia grandiflora. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are not fully hardy in Britain, they tolerate temperatures down to about -15°c and can be damaged by prolonged periods below -5°c. Plants do not fruit freely in this country. Hand pollination would probably help, whilst fruits are more likely to form in hot summers. There is also some doubt as to whether the plants are monoecious or dioecious, it would be best to grow at least two distinct plants (not cuttings from one plant) and make sure that male and female flowers are present[K]. The flowers are sweetly and heavily scented. The males are produced on the previous years wood whilst females are produced on the current years wood. Plants are fast growing and climb by means of twining.This genus is closely related to Stauntonia spp.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Holboellia grandiflora. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Holboellia grandiflora.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Wilson. E. H. Plantae Wilsonae. ()
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)