The plant can be crushed and then rubbed on the hair as a tonic to make it grow.A good ground cover plant for the woodland garden. Plants should be spaced about 45cm apart each way.
The seed can also be sown in the middle of spring in an outdoor seedbed and planted out in early summer. Alternatively, you can sow the seed in an outdoor seedbed in the middle of summer for planting out in the following spring.Division in March or October. It is best to divide the plants in August or early September, making sure that the woody roots are planted quite deeply with only the crown of foliage above the ground.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Heuchera micrantha. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -15°c.Closely related to H. glabra, it is apt to hybridize with other members of this genus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Heuchera micrantha. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Heuchera micrantha.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Sweet. M. Common Edible and Useful Plants of the West. Naturegraph Co. ISBN 0-911010-54-8 (1962-00-00)
- Schofield. J. J. Discovering Wild Plants - Alaska, W. Canada and the Northwest. ()
- Moerman. D. Native American Ethnobotany Timber Press. Oregon. ISBN 0-88192-453-9 (1998-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Sanders. T. W. Popular Hardy Perennials. Collingridge (1926-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- Munz. A California Flora. University of California Press (1959-00-00)
"image:Heuchera_micrantha_1583.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.