Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Hardenbergia violacea.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame.Tip cuttings, taken in late spring, in moist sand in a frame.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Hardenbergia violacea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is not very hardy in Britain, tolerating temperatures that occasionally fall to about -5°c. It succeeds on a wall in Cornwall, mixing well with Passiflora species through which it intertwines. Plants from the Tablelands in Australia tolerate at least -7°c in Australian gardens. This cannot be translated directly to British gardens, however, due to our cooler summers and longer, colder and wetter winters[K]. Any pruning is best carried out immediately after the plant has flowered.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Hardenbergia violacea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Hardenbergia violacea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Useful Wild Plants in Australia. William Collins Pty Ltd. Sidney ISBN 0-00-216441-8 (1981-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-265" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Hardenbergia violacea 5.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.