Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Griselinia littoralis.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 7 cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Keep the foliage moist. Pot up in August and overwinter in a sheltered position, planting out in late spring after the last expected frosts.Cuttings of mature wood, 7 - 10 cm with a heel, October/November in a frame. High percentage.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Griselinia littoralis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Tolerating temperatures down to about -10°c, this species is somewhat tender in most parts of Britain though it usually regrows if cut back by frost. The young shoots in spring are often cut back by late frosts[K]. Very tolerant of root disturbance, it transplants well even when quite large though it would then require staking at first when growing in exposed positions. A number of cultivars have been developed for their ornamental value. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required. It self-sows abundantly in the milder areas of Britain if both sexes are grown.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Griselinia littoralis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Griselinia littoralis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Crowe. A. Native Edible Plants of New Zealand. Hodder and Stoughton ISBN 0-340-508302 (1990-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Shepherd. F.W. Hedges and Screens. Royal Horticultural Society. ISBN 0900629649 (1974-00-00)
- Arnold-Forster. Shrubs for the Milder Counties. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- ? Encyclopaedia Britannica. 15th edition. ()
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Griselinia littoralis.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.