Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Gaultheria appressa.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Gaultheria appressa.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 3 - 6cm long, July/August in a frame in a shady position. They form roots in late summer or spring. A good percentage usually take. Division in spring just before new growth begins. Larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring.Layering.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Gaultheria appressa. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is of unknown cold-tolerance in Britain, though it is hardy to -7°c in Australian gardens. This cannot be translated directly to British gardens however, due to our cooler summers and longer, colder and wetter winters[K]. It should be worthwhile trying it out in a sheltered position in the milder areas of the country[K]. This species is closely related to G. hispida.Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Gaultheria appressa. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Gaultheria appressa.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Wild Food in Australia. Fontana ISBN 0-00-634436-4 (1976-00-00)
- Low. T. Wild Food Plants of Australia. Angus and Robertson. ISBN 0-207-14383-8 (1989-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
- Carolin. R. & Tindale. M. Flora of the Sydney Region Reed. Australia. ISBN 0730104001 (1993-00-00)