Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Fuchsia procumbens.
Inter-nodal cuttings of greenwood, 5 - 8cm long, May/June in a frame. Quick and easy, a high percentage take[78, K]. Overwinter in the greenhouse for the first year and plant out after the last expected frosts. Inter-nodal cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very quick and easy, treat as greenwood cuttings above[K].Cuttings usually succeed at any time during the growing season[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Fuchsia procumbens. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is only hardy in the mildest parts of Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -3°c, It grows and fruits well in Cornwall. The young growth in spring, even on mature plants, is frost-tender and so it is best to grow the plants in a position sheltered from the early morning sun[K]. The plant produces long trailing stems and grows well in hanging baskets. The wild plant can be dioecoius or monoecious, but the form cultivated in Britain is self-fertile. Plants seem to be immune to the predations of rabbits.A good bee plant.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Fuchsia procumbens. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Fuchsia procumbens.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Plants for Ground Cover J. M. Dent & Sons ISBN 0-460-12609-1 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- International Bee Research Association. Garden Plants Valuable to Bees. International Bee Research Association. (1981-00-00)
- Allan. H. H. Flora of New Zealand. Government Printer, Wellington. (1961-00-00)
"image:Fuchsia procumbens Pollen.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.