Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Fuchsia denticulata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Fuchsia denticulata.
Inter-nodal cuttings of greenwood, 5 - 8cm long, May/June in a frame. Quick and easy, a high percentage take[78, K]. Overwinter in the greenhouse for the first year and plant out after the last expected frosts. Inter-nodal cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very quick and easy, treat as greenwood cuttings above[K].Cuttings usually succeed at any time during the growing season[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Fuchsia denticulata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is frost-tender in Britain, though it can succeed in a cold greenhouse. It might succeed outdoors in the mildest areas of the country, especially if given the protection of a wall[K]. Another report says that it is totally intolerant of frost, though we feel that this might be a misprint[K]. The young growth in spring, even on mature plants, is frost-tender and so it is best to grow the plants in a position sheltered from the early morning sun[K]. Plants seem to be immune to the predations of rabbits.A good bee plant. This species has a long tubular flower and is pollinated by humming birds in the wild.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Fuchsia denticulata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Fuchsia denticulata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- International Bee Research Association. Garden Plants Valuable to Bees. International Bee Research Association. (1981-00-00)
"image:Fuchsia denticulata.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.