Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Fuchsia boliviana.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Fuchsia boliviana.
Inter-nodal cuttings of greenwood, 5 - 8cm long, May/June in a frame. Quick and easy, a high percentage take[78, K]. Overwinter in the greenhouse for the first year and plant out after the last expected frosts. Inter-nodal cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame. Very quick and easy, treat as greenwood cuttings above[K].Cuttings usually succeed at any time during the growing season[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Fuchsia boliviana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are not very hardy outdoors in Britain. They are susceptible to frost damage at temperatures of 0°c, though they can be grown outdoors in the summer, then lifted and potted up in the greenhouse for the winter. They can succeed outdoors in the mildest areas of the country if they are given the protection of a wall. A plant in a sheltered wall garden at Trengwainton in Cornwall was 2 metres tall and flowering very freely in August 1995, though there was little fruit set[K]. Plants are evergreen so long as the temperature remains above 4°c. Plants are very susceptible to whitefly when grown in a greenhouse. This species is closely related to F. corymbiflora. Plants seem to be immune to the predations of rabbits.A good bee plant. This species has a long tubular flower and is pollinated by humming birds in the wild.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Fuchsia boliviana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Fuchsia boliviana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Boullemier. L. The Checklist of Species, Hybrids and Cultivars of the Genus Fuschia. Blandford Press ISBN 0-7137-1781-5 (1985-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Towle. M. A. The Ethno-Botany of Pre-Columbian Peru. ()
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- International Bee Research Association. Garden Plants Valuable to Bees. International Bee Research Association. (1981-00-00)
"image:Fuchsia boliviana 2.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.