Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Fritillaria roylei.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Fritillaria roylei.
Division of offsets in August. The larger bulbs can be planted out direct into their permanent positions, but it is best to pot up the smaller bulbs and grow them on in a cold frame for a year before planting them out in the autumn.Bulb scales.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Fritillaria roylei. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Very closely related to and merging into F. cirrhosa in the eastern part of its range. Famous in Chinese medicine, where it is called Pé-mou, it is sold as a medicinal herb in local markets there.Flowers are produced in 3 - 5 years from seed.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Fritillaria roylei. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Fritillaria roylei.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Stuart. Rev. G. A. Chinese Materia Medica. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre ()
- Chopra. R. N., Nayar. S. L. and Chopra. I. C. Glossary of Indian Medicinal Plants (Including the Supplement). Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi. (1986-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- RHS Lily Group. Lilies and Related Plants. ()
- Grey. C. H. Hardy Bulbs. Williams & Norgate. (1938-00-00)
- Phillips. R. and Rix. M. Bulbs Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30253-1 (1989-00-00)
- Polunin. O. and Stainton. A. Flowers of the Himalayas. Oxford Universtiy Press (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)