Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Forsythia viridissima.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Forsythia viridissima.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood 10 - 15cm taken at a node, July/August in a frame. Plant out in autumn or spring. A very high percentage, they root within 3 weeks. Cuttings of mature wood in a sheltered outdoor bed. Good percentage.Layering in spring or summer. Plants often self-layer[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Forsythia viridissima. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are hardy to about -25°c. Plants are medium to fast growing. Flowers are produced on wood that is more than one year old. Any pruning is best done immediately after the plant has finished flowering. There are some named varieties, selected for their ornamental value.This species is notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Forsythia viridissima. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Forsythia viridissima.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Reid. B. E. Famine Foods of the Chiu-Huang Pen-ts'ao. Taipei. Southern Materials Centre (1977-00-00)
- Medicinal Plants in the Republic of Korea World Health Organisation, Manila ISBN 92 9061 120 0 (1998-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Davis. B. Climbers and Wall Shrubs. Viking. ISBN 0-670-82929-3 (1990-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:ForsythiaViridissima5.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.