Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Elaeagnus yoshinoi.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame. Cuttings of mature wood of the current year's growth, 10 - 12cm with a heel, October/November in a frame. The cuttings are rather slow and difficult to root, leave them for 12 months.Layering in September/October. Takes 12 months.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Elaeagnus yoshinoi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Succeeds in most soils that are well-drained. Prefers a soil that is only moderately fertile, succeeding in poor soils and in dry soils. Established plants are drought resistant. This species is notably resistant to honey fungus.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby. An excellent companion plant, when grown in orchards it can increase yields from the fruit trees by up to 10%.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Elaeagnus yoshinoi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Elaeagnus yoshinoi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Matthews. V. The New Plantsman. Volume 1, 1994. Royal Horticultural Society ISBN 1352-4186 (1994-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Gordon. A. G. and Rowe. D. C. f. Seed Manual for Ornamental Trees and Shrubs. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- RHS. The Garden. Volume 112. Royal Horticultural Society (1987-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- www.foj.info Flora of Japan ()