Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Dianthus chinensis.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Dianthus chinensis.
The seed can also be sown thinly in an outdoor seedbed in late spring, the young plants being planted out in late spring or the autumn1]. Cuttings of half-ripe shoots, July in a frame.Division in September. Larger clumps can be replanted direct into their permanent positions, though it is best to pot up smaller clumps and grow them on in a cold frame until they are rooting well. Plant them out in the spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Dianthus chinensis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it is usually biennial in habit, but can be a short-lived perennial. There are many cultivars that are widely grown in gardens. Since these flower freely in their first year and then degenerate, they are usually treated as annuals.A very variable species in the wild, it has often been subdivided into up to eight different varieties.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Dianthus chinensis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Dianthus chinensis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Bown. D. Encyclopaedia of Herbs and their Uses. Dorling Kindersley, London. ISBN 0-7513-020-31 (1995-00-00)
- Duke. J. A. and Ayensu. E. S. Medicinal Plants of China Reference Publications, Inc. ISBN 0-917256-20-4 (1985-00-00)
- Medicinal Plants in the Republic of Korea World Health Organisation, Manila ISBN 92 9061 120 0 (1998-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
"image:Dianthus chinensis.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.