Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Cotoneaster glaucophyllus.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Cotoneaster glaucophyllus.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cotoneaster glaucophyllus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus. The flowers, when inhaled near to, have an unpleasant smell like decaying fish. They are very attractive to bees whilst the fruit is a good winter food source for many species of birds. The species is not often found in British gardens, it is usually represented by the sub-species C. glaucophyllus serotinus. This plant is recognized as having specific status in  and is treated as such here[K].Trees are notably susceptible to honey fungus.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cotoneaster glaucophyllus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cotoneaster glaucophyllus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Rosewarne experimental horticultural station. Shelter Trees and Hedges. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (1984-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 4. Thompson and Morgan. (1990-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Brickell. C. The RHS Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-86318-386-7 (1990-00-00)
- Genders. R. Scented Flora of the World. Robert Hale. London. ISBN 0-7090-5440-8 (1994-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)