Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Chiliotrichum diffusum.
Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Chiliotrichum diffusum.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Chiliotrichum diffusum. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Succeeds outdoors in the milder areas of Britain but it is not very hardy in other parts of the country. However, it is more cold tolerant than the closely related Olearia spp and can withstand temperatures down to about -5°c or lower when in a suitable position. Another report says that it will tolerate temperatures down to about -12°c.A very variable species, the leaves can range from needle-like to fairly broad. There are several named forms.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Chiliotrichum diffusum. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Chiliotrichum diffusum.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Moore. D. M. Flora of Tierra del Fuego. Anthony Nelson. ISBN 0-904614-05-0 (1983-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Conservatory and Indoor Plants Volumes 1 & 2 Pan Books, London. ISBN 0-330-37376-5 (1998-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)