Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Cephalotaxus harringtonia koreana.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Cephalotaxus harringtonia koreana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very slow growing plant, a 20 year old specimen at Kew was only 1.3 metres tall[K]. Plants are dioecious, but female plants sometimes produce fruits and infertile seeds in the absence of any male plants. However, at least one male plant for every five females should be grown if you are growing the plants for fruit and seed. Plants have also been known to change sex. Male cones are produced in the axils of the previous year's leaves, whilst female cones are borne at the base of branchlets.This sub-species is more frost hardy than the type species, it succeeds as far north as S. Sweden and Nova Scotia if given a sheltered position.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Cephalotaxus harringtonia koreana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Cephalotaxus harringtonia koreana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Rushforth. K. Conifers. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-2801-X (1987-00-00)
- Mitchell. A. F. Conifers in the British Isles. HMSO ISBN 0-11-710012-9 (1975-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-109" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.