Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Castanopsis delavayi.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Castanopsis delavayi.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Castanopsis delavayi. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Although cold hardy at least in the milder areas of Britain, this species really requires a warm continental climate if it is to prosper and it does not do well in the maritime climate of this country.The seed takes two growing seasons from fertilization to maturity. The catkins have an unpleasant hawthorn-like smell to attract midges for their pollination.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Castanopsis delavayi. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Castanopsis delavayi.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- [Flora of China] (1994-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid