Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Caragana pygmaea.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, July/August in a frame.Layering in spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Caragana pygmaea. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant, it prefers a continental climate with hot summers and cold winters, it does not grow so well in mild maritime areas such as the western half of Britain. Plants in this genus are notably resistant to honey fungus.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Caragana pygmaea. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Caragana pygmaea.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Tanaka. T. Tanaka's Cyclopaedia of Edible Plants of the World. Keigaku Publishing (1976-00-00)
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Gamble. J. S. A Manual of Indian Timbers. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh (1972-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-145" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Caragana pygmaea2.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.