Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Camellia reticulata.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Camellia reticulata.
Cuttings of almost ripe wood, 10 - 15cm with a heel, August/September in a shaded frame. High percentage but slow. This species does not strike from cuttings. Cuttings of firm wood, 7 - 10cm with a heel, end of June in a frame. Keep in a cool greenhouse for the first year. This species does not strike from cuttings.Leaf-bud cuttings, July/August in a frame. This species does not strike from cuttings.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Camellia reticulata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A very ornamental plant but it is only hardy in mild areas of Britain, tolerating temperatures down to about -10°c. Prefers a wet summer and a cool but not very frosty dry winter. Plants are not very self-compatible, self-fertilized flowers produce few seeds and these are of low viability.This species was named after the cultivated garden form, the true wild form is C. reticulata simplex. Sealy.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Camellia reticulata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Camellia reticulata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Kunming Inst. of Botany. Yunnan Camellias of China. ()
- Dirr. M. A. and Heuser. M. W. The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation. Athens Ga. Varsity Press ISBN 0942375009 (1987-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Bird. R. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 3. Thompson and Morgan. (1989-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Shrubs. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30258-2 (1989-00-00)
"image:Camellia reticulata RHS.jpeg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.