Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Callitris columellaris.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Callitris columellaris.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Callitris columellaris. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species can tolerate temperatures down to at least -7°c in Australian gardens but this cannot be translated directly to British gardens due to our cooler summers and longer, colder and wetter winters. Some reports say that plants can succeed outdoors in the very mildest areas of this country but another report places this species in hardiness zone 10, which would mean that it is not frost tolerant and could only be grown with winter protection.The plants are highly inflammable and are usually killed by forest fires. However, they store their seeds in unopened cones on the tree for many years, these seeds are released after a fire and then germinate freely.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Callitris columellaris. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Callitris columellaris.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Lassak. E. V. and McCarthy. T. Australian Medicinal Plants. ()
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Cribb. A. B. and J. W. Useful Wild Plants in Australia. William Collins Pty Ltd. Sidney ISBN 0-00-216441-8 (1981-00-00)
- Holliday. I. and Hill. R. A Field Guide to Australian Trees. Frederick Muller Ltd. ISBN 0-85179-627-3 (1974-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rushforth. K. Conifers. Christopher Helm ISBN 0-7470-2801-X (1987-00-00)
- Wrigley. J. W. and Fagg. M. Australian Native Plants. Collins. (Australia) ISBN 0-7322-0021-0 (1988-00-00)
"image:Callitris glaucophylla.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.