Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Brassica oleracea palmifolia.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Brassica oleracea palmifolia. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Jersey kale is a very tall-growing plant, usually reaching about 1.5 metres tall though it has been seen more than 5 metres tall. The large leaves can be cooked as greens whilst the straight slender stems can be dried and used as walking sticks.A good companion for celery and other aromatic plants since these seem to reduce insect predations. Grows badly with potatoes, beet and onions. Grows well with potatoes, beet and onions according to another report.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Brassica oleracea palmifolia. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Brassica oleracea palmifolia.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Simons. New Vegetable Growers Handbook. Penguin ISBN 0-14-046-050-0 (1977-00-00)
- Philbrick H. and Gregg R. B. Companion Plants. Watkins (1979-00-00)
- Riotte. L. Companion Planting for Successful Gardening. Garden Way, Vermont, USA. ISBN 0-88266-064-0 (1978-00-00)
- Allardice.P. A - Z of Companion Planting. Cassell Publishers Ltd. ISBN 0-304-34324-2 (1993-00-00)