Edible usesThere are no edible uses listed for Astragalus exscapus.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Astragalus exscapus. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are intolerant of root disturbance and are best planted in their final positions whilst still small. This plant is a sub-shrub and although it produces woody stems these tend to die back almost to the base each winter.This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby. Many members of this genus can be difficult to grow, this may be due partly to a lack of their specific bacterial associations in the soil.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Astragalus exscapus. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Astragalus exscapus.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Frohne. D. and Pf?nder. J. A Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants. Wolfe ISBN 0723408394 (1984-00-00)
- Harrington. H. D. Edible Native Plants of the Rocky Mountains. University of New Mexico Press ISBN 0-8623-0343-9 (1967-00-00)
- Howes. F. N. Vegetable Gums and Resins. Faber ()
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
- Weiner. M. A. Earth Medicine, Earth Food. Ballantine Books ISBN 0-449-90589-6 (1980-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-261" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Astragalus exscapus.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.