Material usesThere are no material uses listed for Aristotelia chilensis.
Cuttings of half-ripe wood, July/August in a frame.Cuttings of mature wood of the current season's growth in early winter. Take cuttings 15 - 30cm long and plant them in pots or the open soil in a greenhouse. They normally root very easily and can be potted up in early summer then planted out late the following spring[K].
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Aristotelia chilensis. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
This species is only hardy in the milder and moister areas of Britain and even there can be cut back in severe winters[K]. If the plants are cut back by winter frosts, they normally put up a crowd of vigorous shoots in the spring and these will need thinning. The fruits are freely produced in S.W. England. There is a very good plant at Rosehill near Falmouth. The flowers are very attractive to bees.Dioecious. Male and female plants must be grown if seed is required.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Aristotelia chilensis. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Aristotelia chilensis.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Sholto-Douglas. J. Alternative Foods. ()
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Towle. M. A. The Ethno-Botany of Pre-Columbian Peru. ()
- Hedrick. U. P. Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World. Dover Publications ISBN 0-486-20459-6 (1972-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- ? Flora of Chile. (in Spanish) ()
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Thurston. Trees and Shrubs in Cornwall. ()
"image:Aristotelia chilensis - Fruits.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.