Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Arctostaphylos stanfordiana.
Cuttings of side shoots of the current season's growth, 5 - 8cm with a heel, August to December in a frame. The cuttings are very slow and can take a year to root. The cuttings of this species usually strike readily. Division in early spring. Take care because the plant resents root disturbance. Pot the divisions up and keep them in a lightly shaded position in a cold frame or greenhouse until they are growing away actively.Layering in spring.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Arctostaphylos stanfordiana. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
A difficult plant to cultivate, even in its native California. It is best given a sunny position against a wall. Plants resent root disturbance and should be placed in their final positions as soon as possible.There are some named varieties selected for their ornamental value.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Arctostaphylos stanfordiana. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Arctostaphylos stanfordiana.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Facciola. S. Cornucopia - A Source Book of Edible Plants. Kampong Publications ISBN 0-9628087-0-9 (1990-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Grae. I. Nature's Colors - Dyes from Plants. MacMillan Publishing Co. New York. ISBN 0-02-544950-8 (1974-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Sheat. W. G. Propagation of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers. MacMillan and Co (1948-00-00)
- Simmons. A. E. Growing Unusual Fruit. David and Charles ISBN 0-7153-5531-7 (1972-00-00)
- Taylor. J. The Milder Garden. Dent (1990-00-00)
- Munz. A California Flora. University of California Press (1959-00-00)
"image:Arctostaphylosstanfordiana.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.