Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Araujia sericifera.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Araujia sericifera. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Plants are not very hardy outdoors in Britain, they succeed outdoors only in the mildest areas of the country. The young growth in spring, even on mature plants, is frost-tender and so it is best to grow the plants in a position sheltered from the early morning sun[K]. Plants produce fruit when growing on a wall at Glendurgan gardens in Cornwall. A very vigorous twining plant when growing in a suitable position.The flowers have a very strong scent that can be offensive if approached too closely. This scent attracts night-flying moths who are seeking nectar, but the flowers are designed in such a way as to trap the moths by their tongues until morning when those who have survived the ordeal can escape.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Araujia sericifera. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Araujia sericifera.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- Uphof. J. C. Th. Dictionary of Economic Plants. Weinheim (1959-00-00)
- Usher. G. A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man. Constable ISBN 0094579202 (1974-00-00)
- Rice. G. (Editor) Growing from Seed. Volume 2. Thompson and Morgan. (1988-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Bean. W. Trees and Shrubs Hardy in Great Britain. Vol 1 - 4 and Supplement. Murray (1981-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Ornamental Shrubs, Climbers and Bamboos. Murray ISBN 0-7195-5043-2 (1992-00-00)
- Thurston. Trees and Shrubs in Cornwall. ()
- Grey-Wilson. C. & Matthews. V. Gardening on Walls Collins ISBN 0-00-219220-0 (1983-00-00)
- Komarov. V. L. Flora of the USSR. Israel Program for Scientific Translation (1968-00-00)
<ref> tag with name "PFAFimport-50" defined in
<references> is not used in prior text.
"image:Araujia sericifera 1.JPG|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.