Flowers - raw. Sweet and delightful, they make a very attractive addition to mixed salads and can also be used as a thirst-quenching munch in the garden[K].The flowers are also used as a tea substitute.
Medicinal uses(Warning!)There are no medicinal uses listed for Aquilegia flabellata.
Practical Plants is currently lacking information on propagation instructions of Aquilegia flabellata. Help us fill in the blanks! Edit this page to add your knowledge.
Hardy to about -20°c. The name of this species is based on the cultivated form, the true wild form is A. flabellata pumila. Kudo. There are some named varieties selected for their ornamental value. Most species are short-lived, dying out after 2 - 3 years, though they usually produce seed prolifically. However, they are very apt to hybridize with other members of the genus and so it becomes difficult to keep a species true to type if more than one is grown in the garden. Plants seem to be immune to the predations of rabbits.A greedy plant, inhibiting the growth of nearby plants, especially legumes.
Problems, pests & diseases
Associations & Interactions
There are no interactions listed for Aquilegia flabellata. Do you know of an interaction that should be listed here? to add it.
Polycultures & Guilds
There are no polycultures listed which include Aquilegia flabellata.
This table shows all the data stored for this plant.
- Kunkel. G. Plants for Human Consumption. Koeltz Scientific Books ISBN 3874292169 (1984-00-00)
- Schofield. J. J. Discovering Wild Plants - Alaska, W. Canada and the Northwest. ()
- Huxley. A. The New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. 1992. MacMillan Press ISBN 0-333-47494-5 (1992-00-00)
- F. Chittendon. RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956 Oxford University Press (1951-00-00)
- Phillips. R. & Rix. M. Perennials Volumes 1 and 2. Pan Books ISBN 0-330-30936-9 (1991-00-00)
- Thomas. G. S. Perennial Garden Plants J. M. Dent & Sons, London. ISBN 0 460 86048 8 (1990-00-00)
- Hatfield. A. W. How to Enjoy your Weeds. Frederick Muller Ltd ISBN 0-584-10141-4 (1977-00-00)
- Ohwi. G. Flora of Japan. (English translation) Smithsonian Institution (1965-00-00)
"image:Aquilegia flabellata var. pumila 01.jpg|248px" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.